Thursday 1 August 2013

Back in business

Well hello bloggers, it's been a long while. I have had a long sabbatical from blogging and betting but I am back now and raring to go for the new season. As regular followers will know, I graduated from university this summer so the last few months have been a desperate attempt to land myself a job and not end up another unemployed statistic. I have managed to get a paid 6-month internship full time in London in PR and marketing, but it will require a lot of commuting from where I live meaning blog posts will decrease somewhat as I have less time, but please bear with me, I'm not ready to quit blogging just yet!

At the moment I haven't had a chance to review the season and teams in detail yet, but I will do that soon. At the moment the thing which jumps out at me is the unpredictable nature of the Premier League winners market this year, I really can't call it and everyone is saying different things. From a betting perspective this is great; last year I was caught out as United ran away with the title and didn't look back, but you can say for sure that the same thing will not happen this year and there will be loads of opportunities to back and lay. In addition to this, we have three closely matched teams all in the 3s, providing a great dutching opportunity. Last year I pointed out you could get a 14% return on 10-month investment if you dutched the top three to win the league, and this year you can get between 15-17% on the same three teams which is extremely attractive. Of course there is risk involved, but I really cannot see Arsenal or anyone else creating a season-long challenge to the top 3 as they simply do not have the calibre. The one thing about the Premier League title is you can be sure that the best team will win it, there are rarely shocks as it takes so long to complete, meaning this investment looks extremely appealing to me. Give it a ponder. 

This was just a short post to let you know I haven't quit/died, and I will be back again next week to review the markets properly. I welcome anyone else's analysis by the way, so feel free to let me know your thoughts. Have a good weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment