Saturday 28 April 2012

Small windfall

Things haven't really gone to plan this week, but I'm not too worried as it hasn't cost me too much. As mentioned before, I backed Selby to win the snooker champs but he crashed out in the first round. It was a pretty bad performance from him but it was evident he wasn't fully fit and hadn't had enough practice in the build up to the tournament. £25 loss for that one. I decided not to bet again because it seems a bit of a minefield at the moment, with many top seeds suffering shock losses, not to mention the brilliant Stephen Hendry tearing up the snooker scene like it's 1995. I'll just take a back seat and enjoy the snooker from now.

On the football side of things it was a very poor performance from Newcastle today, but it wasn't a complete surprise as Martinez is performing wonders at Wigan at the moment, as usual just pulling it out at the last minute. All is not lost though as Arsenal could only muster a draw today and the other two play tomorrow afternoon. In other news though, I have finally received the payout from the 'Best of the Rest' bet that I made at the beginning of the season. City cruised through and it was never even in doubt, making me a cool £300.02. It is just a shame that this was the last year that we will get a good price on City.

That's all from me guys, not much else to report on. Paddy Power's enhanced specials have slowed slightly but I did manage to get on one more this week to make about a tenner. Bet365 are doing another of their £50 in-play free bets for the big game on Monday which I will be getting on to make another £30 guaranteed. Other than that though I am not looking forward to Monday (as a United fan), can't help but feel City have the momentum. Good luck everyone and enjoy your weekends.


3 comments:

  1. Hello I was wondering if we could exchange links?

    http://my5yearplan1977.wordpress.com/

    Many Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem, all done.

    Good luck to you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks very much mate!!

    ReplyDelete